|In line with international standards, NIST maintains strong child protection policies and procedures. All applicants are screened to ensure that they meet the legal and ethical requirements for employment in Thailand, and our school strives to provide a safe, secure environment for all students.|
Maternity Cover from August 2021-December 2021
(Application closing date is 30 May 2021)
NIST is looking for an effective and connected educator to join our elementary team. Experience of the IB PYP is preferred but other relevant experience will be valued.
Professional expectations include:
- Select and review personal teaching strategies and programmes of study as necessary in line with the school’s curriculum and its mission, vision and values.
- Collaborate with colleagues in determining year level and specialist programmes.
- Contribute expertise to the development of conceptually driven curriculum units and educational programmes.
- Contribute to the school’s extra-curricular activities programmes.
- Take part in professional development activities, including during in-service days and activities, and maintain current knowledge of subjects taught.
- Complete school duties as defined by the school’s leadership for the designated role.
- Engage in professional collaboration with department members and across departments.
- Demonstrate leadership in areas of expertise within working teams.
- Demonstrate commitment to collaborative planning and teaching.
- Adding to the capacity of the team through expertise in a range of media.
- Have a passion for student centred learning a history of successful teaching within a strong focus on inquiry.
- Perform duties in accordance with the NIST Child Safeguarding Code of Conduct and NIST Professional Code of Conduct.
Additional Job Description in relations to Child Safeguarding
- Be familiar with NIST child safeguarding policy
- Be aware of abuses & risks to children
- Abide by the NIST Code of Conduct
- Be vigilant and alert at all times
- Prevent abuse/protect children
- Report concerns (mandatory duty)
- Challenge poor practice/promote good practice
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in Education.
- Holder of a teaching license.
- At 2-3 years of experience teaching the PYP programme.
- Have valid visa transferable to NIST
- Provide at least 3 referees who can provide references for the candidate if applied via employment e-mail.
NIST is an ambitious school with a mission to do our best for every student. We have a focus on achievement in the broadest sense, and a collaborative and inquiry-based approach is an expected feature in classrooms and also within the professional life of the school. Contributing beyond expectations and taking part in activities of the school are important to us, as are an open mind and a commitment to professional learning.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply by sending a letter of application, a full resume indicating qualifications and experience, and a recent photograph to the recruitment team at email@example.com or apply through ISS Schrole Advantage platform from the NIST employment website.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Visit Us on Facebook
Chat with Us on Twitter