|In line with international standards, NIST maintains strong child protection policies and procedures. All applicants are screened to ensure that they meet the legal and ethical requirements for employment in Thailand, and our school strives to provide a safe, secure environment for all students.|
We are looking for a full-time or part-time General Counsel to join our team.
Role and Responsibility
The responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:Take ownership of fixed asset accounting, ensure the fixed asset registrations are accurate and up-to-date
- Advise or assist the school’s leadership and governing body on various matters relating to pertinent legal matters, regulations, contracts and similar areas.
- Analyze and respond to potential legal issues.
- Liaise with government agencies and relevant external experts to coordinate the resolution of legal cases smoothly and efficiently
- Provide expert direction to management, including by conducting investigations of allegations of misconduct
- Draft, amend and review legal documents and agreements, including through identification of areas of risk and suggestions, for improvements in respect to legal implications
- Handle sensitive and complex matters that receive significant public attention
- Perform special projects and assignments, and work with the leadership team in the planning of investigations and reviews
- Collaborate with leadership to devise efficient defence strategies
- Communicate changes in laws or new legislations that will impact the school
- Support legal document management, and ensure that all information and records are properly maintained and up to date.
- Coordinate with internal parties and outside counsel to develop strategies for litigation and legal proceedings.
- Complete other related tasks as required
- Thai nationality
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in general law and legal practice (overseas education is an advantage)
- 10 or more years of intensive experience as a corporate lawyer in a reputable international or local law firm
- Strong, substantive knowledge of general legal issues
- Understanding and awareness of the practical knowledge of business law (experience in litigation preferred)
- Ability to work both independently and within diverse teams
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal, planning and problem-solving skills
- Willing to work hard and independently under tight deadlines and pressure
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply by sending a cover letter that highlights their interest in the position and addresses in detail how they meet the qualifications. A full resume indicating qualifications and experience, and a recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications are due no later than 12:00 midnight on 25 December 2019.