|In line with international standards, NIST maintains strong child protection policies and procedures. All applicants are screened to ensure that they meet the legal and ethical requirements for employment in Thailand, and our school strives to provide a safe, secure environment for all students.|
NIST International School Athletic Department is currently looking for part time coaches to instruct students in swimming starting as soon as possible. This position takes place after regular school hours and also could include some weekends. Additionally, some competitions/ meets take place in other countries so a willingness to travel is required.
- Manage and oversee the recreational and competitive swimmers to which they have been appointed.
- Determining the ability and skill level before setting up training programmes.
- Developing and implementing training programmes that focus on improving technique, stroke placement, speed, and style.
- Teaching brand new swimming styles or strokes.
- Educating swimmers on water safety.
- Using a range of activities to improve water confidence.
- Recording training sessions in order to analyze strokes, techniques, and monitor progress.
- Setting training goals and objectives for teams as well as individual swimmers.
- Teaching and perfecting skills like flips, kicks, body rolls, floating, and breath control.
- Ensuring the pool or training area is clean, well-maintained, and free of hazards.
- Scouting swimmers and preparing teams and individuals for swimming meets.
- Follow established procedures in the event of a student injury and provide for prevention and care of injuries.
- Model sportsmanlike behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards other students, any officials, and spectators.
- Support and implement NIST’s policy and procedures for Child Safeguarding.
- Teaching and developing positive character traits and sportsmanship including respect for colleagues, desire for excellence, teamwork, leadership, perseverance, and self-discipline.
- Create a fun, enthusiastic, and inclusive environment where all students experience success and have opportunities to compete.
- Thai nationality
- Coaching experience preferred but previous competitive experience/good knowledge of swimming is essential
- Possess lifeguard training/certification or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience as a lifeguard or teaching swimming lessons or coaching highly desirable
- Bachelor degree in Physical Education or related field preferred but not essential
- Up to date police check from the Royal Office of Thai Police
- Flexible, reliable and enjoy working with children
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills (work effectively with students, staff, parents, visitors)
- Be conscientious, efficient, and organized
- Work well with colleagues and be a team player
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply by sending a letter of application, a full resume indicating qualifications and experience, and a recent photograph to the recruitment team at email@example.com.
Please be noted that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.